New Season Starting October 18th 2022 @ LAX
BOULDERING LEAGUE IS NOT JUST ANY COMMUNITY EVENT - IT'S WHERE TEAMS CLIMB TOGETHER WITH A FORMAT THAT SCORES PROGRESS, NOT JUST PROWESS. THIS MEANS A GROUP OF BRAND NEW JUG-HAULING CRUSHERS CAN HOLD THEIR OWN AGAINST THE RIPPLE-BACK CRIMP CRUISERS!
Bouldering League Information
- 4 Climbers maximum per team
- Free Agents* will be assigned to a team
- No Substitutions
- Registration includes league night participation, bouldering league shirt/ tank, hybrid finals night, raffle entry during finals
- Indicate T-shirt/ Tank size
- Indicate Handicap, your hardest grade that is climbed during a single session
FREE AGENTS AKA SOLO CLIMBERS:
For online registration, please be sure you are registering under the "Free Agent" event slot. We will help assign you a team, so that you are solo no more!
Week 2: 10/25 – 10/30
Finals Night: Thursday, November 10th
- Bouldering League Winners Announced
Finals Night Schedule
- Climbing begins at 4:00 PM
- Climbing ends at 9:00 PM
- All Scores Submitted by: 9:05 PM (no exceptions)
- Raffle: 9:30 PM
- Awards: Following Raffle
Scores are posted at the end of each week in the facility and on the Sender One Bouldering League Facebook page.
- Scoring is normalized by your handicap (which is decided by you), which may be adjusted during the competition.
- Example: A climber with a V2 handicap climbing a V2 graded problem will receive the same amount of points as a V10 climber climbing a V10 graded problem.
- Handicap Adjustment: As you progress and improve throughout the competition, your handicap may be increased accordingly.
- Example: A climber with a V2 handicap sends a V4 problem, or multiple V3s, their handicap will likely be bumped up to V3.
- Flashing will earn you extra points, and climbing at your handicap will also give you a higher score.
EXTRA STUFF YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW
- Each participant will receive a t-shirt or tank! The T-shirt & tanks are unisex.
- Prizes are given out on finals night for best team name! Please keep names to an appropriate standard.
- Bouldering League is a fun, inclusive community event! It's our chance to climb together in a team setting, while seeing progress in climbing each week and supporting others!
- New Climbers: Check out this blog post on climbing terms to help catch you up to speed with the lingo!
- a Bouldering League shirt or tank
- entry in a raffle on finals night for a chance to win sweet swag
- to participate in 4 weeks of Bouldering League!
- to compete to win the title of Bouldering League champion and a coveted Bouldering League trophy!
- Good sportsmanship is key. We encourage camaraderie between teammates and other competitors!
- The first session that you climb the problems each week, you must submit your online scores! Attempts from later climbing sessions will not count!
- Climb any problem in the week's new bouldering set (the tags will not have a grade and will say Bouldering League with a number). Mark down the climbs you have completed, and mark whether it was a flash or not.
- A climber's top 5 climbs will be scored and the top 3 teammates' scores will be recorded for that week.
- Go to sender.one/bl-scores to submit scores after your session. All scores must be in for weeks 1-3 by Sunday evening. You can use your phone to enter scores.
- Week 4 is Finals. All competitors will climb Thursday 11/10 between 4:00p & 9p. Awards will be announced on Thursday evening in person starting at 9:30p.
- Paper score sheets are one per person / per week. Please drop your paper score sheet at the front desk before leaving. Remember to log your climbs before! Paper sheets are just used as backup.
- No SANDBAGGING. Set your honest handicap. A handicap is defined by the hardest grade you can consistently climb in one session.
- Individuals can climb on any league day. This means that you may climb with your team each week but it is not required.
- No substitutes allowed.
- We will be requiring a witness to initial your climbs. Please be honest with your scores!
- Try hard!
Facility Health Guidelines:
- Please visit the Sender One Webpage for current Covid-19 guidelines.
- Competitors can choose any ONE day to climb beginning Monday 5p through Sundays closing (weeks 1-3)
- Don’t have to climb with their teams
- Please maintain 6-feet of distance, even amongst your teammates!
- Only liquid chalk or chalk balls are permitted while bouldering. Loose chalk is not permitted.
Thank you to our supporters!
Who will be the next Bouldering League Champions?!
Sender One LAX
11220 Hindry Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Mon - Fri: 6am - 11pm
Sat: 8am - 8pm
Sun: 8am - 6pm
Sender City - Reservations Required
Mon - Fri: 9:30am-5:30pm
(last session at 4:30pm)
Sa - Su: 9:30am-4:30pm
(last session at 3:30pm)