New Season Starting FEB 1st @ PV
BOULDERING LEAGUE IS NOT JUST ANY COMMUNITY EVENT - IT'S WHERE TEAMS CLIMB TOGETHER WITH A FORMAT THAT SCORES PROGRESS, NOT JUST PROWESS. THIS MEANS A GROUP OF BRAND NEW JUG-HAULING CRUSHERS CAN HOLD THEIR OWN AGAINST THE RIPPLE-BACK CRIMP CRUISERS!
Bouldering League Information
- 4 Climbers maximum per team
- Free Agents* will be assigned to a team
- No Substitutions
- Registration includes league night participation, bouldering league shirt/ tank, finals night, raffle entry during finals
- Indicate T-shirt/ Tank size
- Indicate Handicap, your hardest grade that is climbed during a single session
FREE AGENTS AKA SOLO CLIMBERS:
For online registration, please be sure you are registering under the "Free Agent" event slot. We will help assign you a team, so that you are solo no more!
Week 2: 2/8 – 2/13
Week 3: 2/15 – 2/20
Finals Night: Thursday, February 29th
- Bouldering League Winners Announced
Finals Night Schedule
- Climbing begins at 4:30 PM
- Climbing ends at 9:00 PM
- All Scores Submitted by: 9:05 PM (no exceptions)
- Raffle: 9:30 PM
- Awards: Following Raffle
Scores are posted at the end of each week in the facility and on the Sender One Bouldering League Facebook page.
- Scoring is normalized by your handicap (which is decided by you), which may be adjusted during the competition.
- Example: A climber with a V2 handicap climbing a V2 graded problem will receive the same amount of points as a V10 climber climbing a V10 graded problem.
- Handicap Adjustment: As you progress and improve throughout the competition, your handicap may be increased accordingly.
- Example: A climber with a V2 handicap sends a V4 problem, or multiple V3s, their handicap will likely be bumped up to V3.
- Flashing will earn you extra points, and climbing at your handicap will also give you a higher score.
EXTRA STUFF YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW
- Each participant will receive a t-shirt or tank! The T-shirt & tanks are unisex.
- Prizes are given out on finals night for best team name! Please keep names to an appropriate standard.
- Bouldering League is a fun, inclusive community event! It's our chance to climb together in a team setting, while seeing progress in climbing each week and supporting others!
- New Climbers: Check out this blog post on climbing terms to help catch you up to speed with the lingo!
- a Bouldering League shirt or tank
- entry in a raffle on finals night for a chance to win sweet swag
- to participate in 4 weeks of Bouldering League!
- to compete to win the title of Bouldering League champion and a coveted Bouldering League trophy!
- Good sportsmanship is key. We encourage camaraderie between teammates and other competitors!
- The first session that you climb the problems each week, you must submit your online scores! Attempts from later climbing sessions will not count!
- Climb any problem in the week's new bouldering set (the tags will not have a grade and will say Bouldering League with a number). Mark down the climbs you have completed, and mark whether it was a flash or not.
- A climber's top 5 climbs will be scored and the top 3 teammates' scores will be recorded for that week.
- Go to sender.one/bl-scores to submit scores after your session. All scores must be in for weeks 1-3 by Sunday evening. You can use your phone to enter scores.
- Week 4 is Finals. All competitors will climb Thursday 2/29 between 4:30p & 9p. Awards will be announced on Thursday evening in person starting at 9:30p.
- Paper score sheets are one per person / per week. Please drop your paper score sheet at the front desk before leaving. Remember to log your climbs before! Paper sheets are just used as backup.
- No SANDBAGGING. Set your honest handicap. A handicap is defined by the hardest grade you can consistently climb in one session.
- Individuals can climb on any league day. This means that you may climb with your team each week but it is not required.
- No substitutes allowed.
- We will be requiring a witness to initial your climbs. Please be honest with your scores!
- Try hard!
Facility Health Guidelines:
- Competitors can choose any ONE day to climb beginning Thursday 5p through Tuesday's closing (weeks 1-3)
- Don’t have to climb with their teams
- Only liquid chalk or chalk balls are permitted while bouldering. Loose chalk is not permitted.