New Season Starting October 26th 2021
BOULDERING LEAGUE IS NOT JUST ANY COMMUNITY EVENT - IT'S WHERE TEAMS CLIMB TOGETHER WITH A FORMAT THAT SCORES PROGRESS, NOT JUST PROWESS. THIS MEANS A GROUP OF BRAND NEW JUG-HAULING CRUSHERS CAN HOLD THEIR OWN AGAINST THE RIPPLE-BACK CRIMP CRUISERS!
Bouldering League Information
- 4 Climbers maximum per team
- Free Agents* will be assigned to a team
- No Substitutions
- Registration includes league night participation, bouldering league shirt, hybrid finals night, raffle entry during finals
- Indicate T-shirt size
- Indicate Handicap, your hardest grade that is consistently climbed during regular sessions
FREE AGENTS AKA SOLO CLIMBERS:
For online registration, please be sure you are registering under the "Free Agent" event slot. We will help assign you a team, so that you are solo no more!
Week 2: 11/02 – 11/07
Hybrid Finals Night: Sunday, November 21st, 6:15p
- Bouldering League Winners Announced
Finals Week Schedule
- Climbing: Finals Week climbing will take place all week long starting Tuesday, November 16th (5p) through Sunday, November 21st (close)
- Scores: MUST be in by 6:15p Sunday, no exceptions
Finals Night Schedule
- Pizza: 6:15 PM - Outside in our parking lot
- Raffle: 6:30 PM - At LAX and Streamed Online
- Awards: 7:00 PM - At LAX and Streamed Online
- Maintain Social Distance. We encourage camaraderie between teammates and other competitors, but at 6-feet apart!
- The first session that you climb the problems each week, you must submit your online scores! Attempts from later climbing sessions will not count!
- Climb any problem in the week's new bouldering set (the tags will not have a grade and will say Bouldering League with a number). Mark down the climbs you have completed, and mark whether it was a flash or not.
- A climber's top 5 climbs will be scored and the top 3 teammates' scores will be recorded for that week.
- Go to sender.one/bl-scores to submit scores after your session. All scores must be in for the week by 6:15p on Sunday. You can use your phone to enter scores.
- Paper score sheets are one per person / per week. Please drop your paper score sheet at the front desk before leaving. Remember to log your climbs before! Paper sheets are just used as backup.
- No SANDBAGGING. Set your honest handicap. A handicap is defined by the hardest grade you can consistently climb in one session.
- Individuals can climb on any league day during the week. This means that you may climb with your team each week but it is not required.
- No substitutes allowed.
- We will be requiring a witness to initial your climbs. Please be honest with your scores!
- Try hard!
- Scoring is normalized by your handicap (which is decided by you), which may be adjusted during the competition.
- Example: A climber with a V2 handicap climbing a V2 graded problem will receive the same amount of points as a V10 climber climbing a V10 graded problem.
- Handicap Adjustment: As you progress and improve throughout the competition, your handicap will be increased accordingly.
- Example: A climber with a V2 handicap sends multiple V3 problems, their handicap will be bumped up to V3.
- Flashing will earn you extra points, and climbing harder than your handicap will also give you a higher score.
EXTRA STUFF YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW
- Each participant will receive a t-shirt! The T-shirt is unisex. No tanks this season.
- Prizes are given out on finals night for best team name! Please keep names to an appropriate standard.
- Finals night is happening in person and virtually. If you are attending virtually, prizes will be at the Front desk for pickup the following day.
- Bouldering League is a fun, inclusive community event! It's our chance to climb together in a team setting, while seeing progress in climbing each week and supporting others!
- New Climbers: Check out this blog post on climbing terms to help catch you up to speed with the lingo!
- a Bouldering League shirt
- entry in a raffle on finals night for a chance to win sweet swag
- to participate in 4 weeks of Bouldering League + Hybrid Finals Night!
- to compete to win the title of Bouldering League champion and a coveted Bouldering League trophy!
Covid-19 Based Adjustments
- Los Angeles County regulations will require proof of full vaccination for anyone entering the gym starting on Nov. 6th. More information can be found on the Sender One Webpage.
- Competitors can choose any ONE day to climb beginning Tuesdays 5p through Sundays closing
- Don’t have to climb with their teams
- Please maintain 6-feet of distance, even amongst your teammates!
- Finals week will run all week long
- Awards will be announced in a Hybrid Finals Night! (Link will be shared the week leading up to the event)
- Only liquid chalk or chalk balls are permitted while bouldering
- Face Masks must be worn at all times
Who will be the next Bouldering League Champions?!
Sender One LAX
11220 Hindry Ave,
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Monday - Friday:
6am - 11pm
Saturday - Sunday:
8am - 6pm
Sender City - Reservations Required
(last session at 3:30pm)
(last session at 4:30pm)