This 8-week introductory course is designed to teach kids the fundamentals of climbing: technique, problem-solving skills, basic knot tying & more!
$370 / participant
Climbing Academy A : Ages 10 +
Climbing Academy B : Ages 6 - 10
Winter enrollment opens 10/3 and closes 10/14
Please note: This class requires a minimum of two participants to run. Classes will be rescheduled if only one participant signs up.
This 8-week program meets once a week. Climbing Academy B (ages 6-10) meets for 1.5-hr sessions. Climbing Academy A (ages 10+) meets for 2-hr sessions. Please view the booking page for times and availability.
Winter session begins 11/6/22 and ends 1/28/23
No practice 11/20-11/26
Climbers will receive a full access membership for the duration of Climbing Academy.
Parents may take our Intro to Climbing Class* for FREE. Parents may also sign up for a 1-month prepaid membership for $69 (normally $97)!
Additional Booking Info
- Attendance at the first class is required
- All equipment is included
- Register early, space is limited!
- Full payment required to register.
- Refunds will not be granted for cancellations. You may be issued credit for the amount paid.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance will not be refunded OR credited, and all credits or coupons will be forfeited.
- There are no make-ups or credits for missed days.
*This is a sample curriculum for Climbing Academy A (ages 10 - 13); curriculum may vary depending on class size and kids' climbing ability.
- Gym rules & etiquette
- Top Rope Climbing Essentials (How to Belay for Climbing Academy A)
Rope Climbing cont.
- Top Rope Climbing Essentials
- How to Belay (Climbing Academy A)
- Bouldering Essentials
- Intro to Body Positioning
- Introduction to Footwork Technique
- Advanced Body Positioning & Movement
- Important climbing terms for helpful communication
- Intro to Climbing Drills
- Practice everything learned while climbing together
Sender One LAX
11220 Hindry Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Mon - Fri: 6am - 11pm
Sat: 8am - 8pm
Sun: 8am - 6pm
Sender City - Reservations Required
Mon - Fri: 9:30am-5:30pm
(last session at 4:30pm)
Sa - Su: 9:30am-4:30pm
(last session at 3:30pm)