Say farewell to summer with the ultimate fun-filled climbing competition. You won't be able to rely on strength alone in this unique competition that combines traditional red-point bouldering with playful summer camp activities.
Summer Send-Off Competitors
- Recreational (generally v0-v4)
- Advanced (generally v4-v7)
- Open (generally v7+)
Summer Send-Off Spectator
Spectate an incredible competition
- Visit the vendors in Vendor Village
- Food & Drink Give-a-ways
- Enter into the Raffle
Register Online or at the Sender One SNA front desk
Competitors must be 6-years-of-age or older
Non-competitive, youth participants encouraged to compete in the Recreational Category
*Children 2 and under are free to spectate
Summer Send-Off Information
EARLY BIRD (7/28 - 8/18)
$18 / Members
$30 / Non-members
REGULAR (After 8/18)
$25 / Members
$40 / Non-members
Check In: 8a
Competitor Meeting: 8:45a
Competition: 9a - 1p
Check In: 10a
Competitor Meeting: 10:45a
Competition: 11a - 3p
Check In: 8a
Competitor Meeting: 8:45a
Qualifiers: 9a - 1p
Onsite Finals: 4p
This is not your average competition! Points will be based on two categories: your red-point climbing skills & your participation in fun activities & pop-up challenges.
- Boulders will not be set for a 4-point start. You must start at or below the tag.
- Each attempt shall be recorded, and there is a limit on the number of attempts.
- Attempts must always begin at the start holds. No projecting from the middle.
- Scoring values will be assigned to each boulder based on difficulty.
- Only the top 5 boulders completed will be considered for scoring.
- For a full list of rules on REDPOINT please click HERE
OPEN CATEGORY FINALS
- All boulders are set for a 4-point start.
- Each attempt shall be recorded and each climber will have a designated amount of time to complete each boulder.
- Each boulder has the same value.
- All boulders are counted.
- Competitors have the goal of completing the highest quantity of boulders.
- A Judge will be assigned for each boulder
- For a full list of rules on ONSIGHT please click HERE
- King Swing
- Crate Stacking
- Slack Line
- Speed Wall
- Rope Coil
- Jump Rope
- Arrive at your designated Check-in time
- You may arrive late but doing so may put you at a disadvantage and you may miss the competitor meeting
- You may ONLY compete during your category's designated competition slot. (i.e. An Advanced competitor can not compete during the Recreational/Open time slot)
- After checking in at the Front Desk you will be directed to a table to receive your score card, raffle ticket and shirt
- Put your name and date of birth on your Score Card
- Turn your scorecard in at the designated location when you are done competing / when your category time is up
- REDPOINT : Must have a witness signature for completed climbs
- Please be honest with your scores!
Activities & Challenges
- All competitors MUST complete a MINIMUM of ONE ACTIVITY
- All competitors MUST participate in a MINIMUM of ONE pop-up CHALLENGE
- See scoring section for a list of all activities & pop-up challenges (list subject to change)
OPEN (Men's & Women's Each)
1st: $1000 + First Place Trophy
2nd: $600 + Silver Medal
3rd: $400 + Bronze Medal
Total Cash Purse: $4000
RECREATIONAL & ADVANCED (Men's & Women's Each)
1st: Crash Pad + First Place Trophy
2nd: Madrock Climbing Shoes + Silver Medal
3rd: Cotopaxi x Hielo 12L Cooler Bag + Bronze Medal
- Summer Send-Off Tank
- One Entry into the Raffle
- Opportunity to Climb Awesome Boulders
- Opportunity to Participate in Summer Camp Activities & Fun Challenges
- Chance to Win Fantastic Prizes
1441 S. Village Way, Santa Ana, CA 92705
Please use a ride sharing app if possible to arrive to the event.
There is ample parking in front of and around the building.
Please park in a designated parking space and avoid parking in front of the Roger Dunn Golf Shop.
No over night parking.
- Competitors & Spectators will receive energy drink samples from the Red Bull Wings crew
Food & Drinks for Sale
- Snacks and beverages are available for purchase at the front desk
The gym will experience closures to the bouldering area starting Tuesday, August 22nd through the competition end on Saturday, August 26th at 5p.
Tuesday 8/22: Pipeline & New Skool closed
Wednesday 8/23: Pipeline + Newskool + Vert Wall closed
Thursday 8/24 & Friday 8/25: Full bouldering Closure
All Bouldering and Rope Climbing will be closed on Saturday, August 26th from 8a - 5p.
The Training Center, Fitness, Yoga & Sender City will remain open.
As a bouldering alternative, please visit our Sender One Training Center located in the same parking complex as Sender One SNA.
Thank you for your understanding!
The Vendor village will feature booths from our sponsors as well as products from local small businesses and artisan goods.
more information coming soon!