Say farewell to summer with the ultimate fun-filled climbing competition. You won't be able to rely on strength alone in this unique competition that combines traditional red-point bouldering with playful summer camp activities.
Summer Send-Off Competitors
- Recreational (generally v0-v4)
- Advanced (generally v4-v7)
- Open (generally v7+)
Summer Send-Off Spectator
Spectate an incredible competition
- Visit the vendors in Vendor Village
- Food & Drink Give-a-ways
- Enter into the Raffle
Register Online or at the Sender One LAX front desk
Competitors must be 6-years-of-age or older
Non-competitive, youth participants encouraged to compete in the Recreational Category
*Children 2 and under are free to spectate
Summer Send-Off Information
EARLY BIRD (8/5 - 8/19)
$15 / Members
$30 / Non-members
REGULAR (After 8/19)
$20 / Members
$35 / Non-members
Check In: 8a
Competitor Meeting: 8:45a
Competition: 9a - 1p
ADVANCED & OPEN
Check In: 10a
Competitor Meeting: 10:45a
Competition: 11a - 3p
This is not your average competition! Points will be based on two categories: your red-point climbing skills & your participation in fun activities & pop-up challenges.
RECREATIONAL & ADVANCED
- All boulders are set for a 4-point start.
- Each attempt shall be recorded, but there is no limit on the number of attempts.
- Attempts must always begin at the start holds. No projecting from the middle.
- Scoring values will be assigned to each boulder based on difficulty.
- Only the top 5 boulders completed will be considered for scoring.
- All boulders are set for a 4-point start.
- Each attempt shall be recorded and there is a limit on the the number of attempts on any given boulder.
- Each boulder has the same value.
- All boulders are counted.
- Competitors have the goal of completing the highest quantity of boulders.
- A Judge will be assigned for each "lane" (a set of adjacent boulders.)
- King Swing
- Crate Stacking
- Slack Line
- Speed Wall
- Hula Hoop
- Jump Rope
- Arrive at your designated Check-in time
- You may arrive late but doing so may put you at a disadvantage and you may miss the competitor meeting
- You may ONLY compete during your category's designated competition slot. (i.e. A recreational competitor can not compete during the Advanced/Open time slot)
- After checking in at the Front Desk you will be directed to a table to receive your score card, raffle ticket and shirt/tank
- Put your name and date of birth on your Score Card
- Turn your scorecard in at the designated location when you are done competing / when your category time is up
- RECREATIONAL & ADVANCED : Must have a witness signature for completed climbs
- OPEN : Must provide your score card to the lane judge before attempting a climb
- Please be honest with your scores!
Activities & Challenges
- All competitors MUST complete a MINIMUM of ONE ACTIVITY
- All competitors MUST participate in a MINIMUM of ONE pop-up CHALLENGE
- See scoring section for a list of all activities & pop-up challenges (list subject to change)
OPEN (Men's & Women's Each)
1st: $1000 + First Place Trophy
2nd: $600 + Silver Medal
3rd: $400 + Bronze Medal
Total Cash Purse: $4000
RECREATIONAL & ADVANCED (Men's & Women's Each)
1st: Crash Pad + First Place Trophy
2nd: Climbing Pack + Silver Medal
3rd: OnCrux Bundle + Bronze Medal
- Summer Send-Off T-shirt
- One Entry into the Raffle
- Opportunity to Climb Awesome Boulders
- Opportunity to Participate in Summer Camp Activities & Fun Challenges
- Chance to Win Fantastic Prizes
Please use a ride sharing app if possible to arrive to the event.
Sender One LAX's Parking lot surrounding the perimeter of the building will have limited availability.
Street parking is available off Hindry Ave and La Cienega Blvd.
There are paid lots in the near vicinity including the Airport Courthouse, and Green Line Station Park & Ride or grab a bite to eat at Proud Bird so you can park in their lot and walk the 9 min to Sender One LAX.
11220 Hindry Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Distance to competition venue: 2.5 miles
Directions from I-405 S
Take CA-405 S, Exit 46 toward Imperial Hwy, Keep right at the fork for Imperial Hwy W, Turn left onto La Cienega Blvd, Turn right onto Imperial Hwy W, Take the first right onto Hindry Ave. Sender One LAX will be on your right, across from FedEx and Walters.
Directions from I-405 N
Take CA-405 N, Exit 45B for Imperial Hwy, Turn left onto Imperial Hwy, Turn right onto Hindry Ave after the traffic light (La Cienega Blvd). Sender One LAX will be on your right, across from FedEx and Walters.
Directions from I-105 W
Take CA-105 W toward LAX Airport, Exit 2A toward La Cienega Blvd/Aviation Blvd, Turn right onto Imperial Hwy W, Turn left onto Hindry Ave. Sender One LAX will be on your right, across from FedEx and Walters.
- Competitors will receive complimentary sample bars provided by Garuka Bar
- Competitors & Spectators will receive 1 food voucher to the Beyond Meat food truck
- Competitors & Spectators will receive energy drink samples from the Red Bull Wings crew
Food & Drinks for Sale
- Snacks and beverages are available for purchase at the front desk
The gym will experience closures to the downstairs boulders starting Wednesday, August 24th through the competition end on Saturday, August 27th at 3:30p.
All Bouldering and Rope Climbing will be closed on Saturday, August 27th from 8a - 3:30p.
Fitness, Yoga & Sender City will remain open.
As a bouldering alternative please visit our Sender One Climbing Playa Vista location located just 12 min from the LAX facility.
Thank you for your understanding!
The Vendor village will feature booths from our sponsors as well as products from local small businesses and artisan goods.
- goodr Sunglasses
- OYA Femtech Apparel
- Tiny Holds
- Antidote Outdoors
- Dirty Cookie
more coming soon!