First Time Visitors
Whether you’ve never been rock climbing before or you’re looking for a new place to train, Sender One Climbing has a ton of great options for rock climbers at every skill level. You can learn more about what our Los Angeles-based climbing gym offers below!
First Time Climbers (ages 14+)
Intro to Climbing Class
This 1-Hour rock climbing class will teach you how to tie in to the rope as a climber, top rope belay using a GriGri, use climbing commands and perform checks to minimize risk while climbing. After completing this course, you will be able to climb independently at Sender One. This class includes a day pass to our Los Angeles climbing gym and rental gear. Students must be at least 14 years of age to take the class. Reservations Required.
- Intro to Rock Climbing Class
- Intro to Movement and Technique: This three class series teaches participants fundamental climbing techniques, problem solving skills, and mental strategies.
- One Month Membership at our climbing gym
- Rental Gear Included
New to Sender One? 5-Visit Punch Pass with Rentals
(1st time visitors ONLY. Limit 1 per person)
- This is only available to purchase on the day of your first visit or after your first Intro to Rock Climbing class
- Expires 60 days from purchase date
- Non-transferrable and non-refundable
- Sign up for a monthly EFT membership for $0 initiation
Everyone MUST have a Sender One Top Rope Belay Card visible on their harness whenever they are belaying. Top Rope Belay Check Requirements:
- Correctly tie in with a figure-8 follow-through knot backed up with a double overhand knot (sometimes referred to as a fisherman’s knot or double fisherman’s knot)
- Correctly operate a Petzl GRIGRI 2 belay device.
- Sender One requires use of the PBUS (pull, brake, under, slide) style of belaying