Coming to Sender One LAX | Saturday, August 17, 2019
Come boulder with us and rock out to music! Participate in the boulder jam, try out the other challenges, or just come for the fun! This will be the first time the event has ever been held in California, and the top performing male and female climber in the Open Jam will get to travel to compete at the Ticket to Rockstars finals in Stuttgart, Germany! Get more information in our FAQ below, and mark your calendars for an exhilarating day of climbing, music, and more!
How do I sign up?
The sign up process may feel a little tricky, so we’re here to help! There are two places where you need to sign up:
- Event Registration through Sender One here: Click Here (or the orange button above!)
- Electronic Scorecard/Climb Tracker with Vertical Life: Click Here
Lastly, if you have never been to our facility before, or if it has been over a year since your last visit, you will need to fill out a facility waiver, here.
(Waivers must be on file for everyone entering the facility, regardless of if they are climbing or not)
What areas of the gym will be closed?
A floor map for closures is currently in development and will be available soon. The below dates are ‘rolling closures,’ meaning that once closed, they will NOT be open again until competition day.
Tuesday, August 13th
Bouldering Area (Downstairs) – Learning Corner to Ships Prow (all walls along the windows on the downstairs bouldering) – CLOSED
Wednesday, August 14th
Bouldering Area (Downstairs) – Ships Prow to the Sunset Slab – CLOSED
Thursday, August 15th
Bouldering Area (Upstairs) – CLOSED
Friday, August 16th
All Bouldering will remain CLOSED
Saturday, August 17th – Event Day!
- Sender City – CLOSED
- Bouldering Area (Upstairs) – CLOSED to non-competitors. Open to all at 7 PM.
- Bouldering Area (Downstairs) – CLOSED to non-competitors. Open to all at 7 PM.
- Rope Area – CLOSED
- Fitness Area – CLOSED
- Yoga Studio – CLOSED
There will be NO yoga classes and NO Intro to Climbing classes taking place on 8/17.
*Closure information is subject to slight adjustment prior to the event. We will update this post with any changes, should they occur.
How much does it cost to attend?
Here is how it will break down on the day of:
- Sender One Members have free entry to the gym per their membership. Members can use their guest pass to bring a friend as well!
- Sender One Guests will be able to purchase discounted day passes for just $15!
There will be no additional charge to participate in the adidas Ticket to Rockstars competition.
Where can I park?
A parking map will be posted closer to the event. Should the gym lot be unavailable, there is street parking along Hindry Ave and La Cienega Blvd, as well as nearby pay-to-park lots. The closest pay-to-park lots are the airport lot on 111th, and the Metro Station lot off of Imperial Highway.
Here is more information for parking options:
– The Metro parking lot, $3 all day
– Airport courthouse on La Cienega/Imperial, free on weekends
– The Edge Food Plaza parking
– Economy public parking lot on 111th street (Lot E), $4/hr or $12 max
– Limited amount of Lyft codes! Use ADIDAST2R for $5 of credit; good for one time use per guest
Can I sign up on the day of the competition?
Yes, if space permits! Participation is limited to 300 climber for the Open Jam (14+ years) and 250 climbers for the Minis, Kids, and Youth Jam. Sign up ahead of time to save your spot!