Reach New Heights at Kids Camps
Climbing has been shown to build confidence, improve focus, and increases coordination and strength in children. Through active instruction and supervised games, young climbers can learn how to problem solve, work in groups and gain confidence in their ability to reach new heights.
Check out our newest camp offering below!
(Climb Onward with Online Learning)
Fall 2020, Grades 2nd - 6th
A unique camp that incorporates support for your child’s distance online learning needs while reaching new heights through climbing and other enrichment activities.
What is COOL Camp?
Camp staff will be responsible for keeping campers accountable to the schedule provided by their school, making sure students are logged into their classes on time while remaining focused during each class. We're here to provide any creative solutions, technical support, and physical movement during breaks which will help kids stay tuned into their virtual classes while being seated at their desks. In addition, camp staff will assist in organizing your child's coursework and ensuring that homework is completed.
Sender One is not a school or daycare facility. Camp staff are not certified teachers. Our COOL Camp will support your child with distance online learning, including providing technical assistance and helping your child stay focused. Parents and teachers are ultimately responsible for a child’s academic endeavors and results. We disclaim any responsibility for a particular outcome or result of a camper’s distance online learning.
All camp protocol has been reviewed and supported by a pediatrician.
Sessions & Times
Sessions are 2-week long periods with camp operating every Monday - Friday.
Full-day option: 8am - 4pm
Partial day option: 8am - 2pm
- Session A
Week 1: 9/14 - 9/18
Week 2: 9/21 - 9/25
- Session B
Week 1: 9/28 - 10/2
Week 2: 10/5 - 10/9
- Session C
Week 1: 10/12 - 10/16
Week 2: 10/19 - 10/23
- Session D
Week 1: 10/26 - 10/30
Week 2: 11/2 - 11/6
- Session E
Week 1: 11/9 - 11/13
Week 2: 11/16 - 11/20
Camp rates are listed for a full session (2 weeks).
- 2-Day Camp
$384 (Partial Day)
$480 (Full Day)
- 3-Day Camp
$540 (Partial Day)
$672 (Full Day)
- 5-Day Camp
$840 (Partial Day)
$1040 (Full Day)
A $100, non-refundable supplies fee per camper is required for each session and must be paid upon registration.
10% off sibling discounts are available when enrolling siblings together in the same session.
Scholarships for full 2-week sessions are available for eligible families with an adjusted gross income up to $75k for single filers, $112k for head of household filers, and $150k for married joint filers. In addition, proof of current unemployment certification of at least one parent or legal guardian is required. Scholarship interest is provided on the application.
Health & Risk Management, Policies & Procedures
Precautions are in place for staff, children, and parents because the health and safety of our guests are of the highest priority. In addition to the following measures, we are following CA Public Health guidelines for daily heightened cleaning and disinfecting in our facilities.
- Drop-off, pick-up, and check-in/out will happen outside of the facility. Parents, guardians, and authorized individuals may not enter the building. Children will be met by camp staff and guided to their assigned group or area.
- Early drop-off and late pick-up are not options we will provide. If a child is not picked up on time, there will be a $20 charge for every 15 minutes late.
- A health assessment will be conducted on parents and children at check-in. This will include monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms, a short verbal questionnaire, and a temperature check. Guests who show any signs of illness and/or have a temperature of 100.4F or higher will not be permitted to attend camp for 14 days.
- Hands must be washed and/or sanitized upon entry, during camp, and when leaving the facility. Camp staff will frequently remind children throughout the day.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED at all times while inside the facility with the exception being while eating and drinking.
- Physical distancing will be maintained during online learning time, climbing, and other activities. Camp staff will frequently remind children throughout the day to keep a safe physical distance from other campers. Desk shields will be provided to create a physical, but transparent, barrier while campers attend their online classes.
- Groups will be no larger than 10 campers per pod. Sender One requires a ratio of 6 campers to 1 camp staff member.
- Camp staff will take necessary measures in the case of illness, injury, or an emergency. Parents, guardians, or authorized individuals will be contacted for any serious issues or emergencies.
- Please notify us if a child will be expected to miss camp for non-medical and medical reasons. No refunds or credit will be issued for missed camp days unless we are to close due to an emergency. Rescheduling may only occur with full sessions and not single-day camps.
- Each camper must agree and adhere to our Appropriate Conduct Policy.
- Sender One enforces a Zero Tolerance Policy and reserves the right to remove a child from camp indefinitely if there is any violation of the policy.
- Session A: Monday, August 31, 2020
- Session B: Monday, September 14, 2020
- Session C: Monday, September 28, 2020
- Session D: Monday, October 12, 2020
- Session E: Monday, October 26, 2020
- Session A*
Registration Opens: Monday, August 4, 2020
Registration Closes: Monday, September 7, 2020
- Session B
Registration Opens: Monday, September 7, 2020
Registration Closes: Monday, September 21, 2020
- Session C
Registration Open: Monday, September 21, 2020
Registration Closes: Monday, October 5, 2020
- Session D
Registration Open: Monday, October 5, 2020
Registration Closes: Monday, October 19, 2020
- Session E
Registration Open: Monday, October 19, 2020
Registration Closes: Monday, November 2, 2020
Application & Registration
An application process is conducted in order for Sender One to receive applicable information about students/campers. Parents will be notified 2-3 days after submitting an application about whether their child has been accepted. Applicants will be approved into cohorts who are aligned in both their schooling needs and schedule. All students attending camp must be able to follow all health and safety protocols. The inability to do so will result in the student losing their spot in camp. An application only needs to be done once if you plan on registering your child for more than one session. Priority will be given to applicants who are requesting 5-day camp spots and meet all other criteria.
Completion of the application does not guarantee your child a spot.
Once your child’s application has been approved, we will reach out to you with instructions on how to register.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will there be specific tutoring sessions during COOL Camp?
Camp staff will not offer tutoring sessions at this time. They will be responsible for keeping campers accountable to the schedule provided by their school, making sure students are logged into their classes on time while remaining focused during each class. We're here to provide any creative solutions, technical support, and physical movement during breaks which will help kids stay tuned into their virtual classes while being seated at their desks. In addition, camp staff will assist in organizing your child's coursework and ensuring that homework is completed on time.
- Do I have to fill out another application if I want my child to attend more than one session?
Nope, if you would like to update your application please reach out to [email protected].
- What kind of enrichment activities will be available?
Climbing of course! Other enrichment activities will include arts and crafts and lessons on the history and background of climbing. Additional enrichment activities--such as music, art, foreign language, yoga--may be added based on the interests of each learning pod and staff qualifications.
- What does the COOL Camp scholarship entail?
The scholarship is 50% off the cost of COOL Camp, and up to 20% of our camp slots will go to scholarship participants.
- How do I qualify for the scholarship?
Scholarships for full 4-week sessions are available for eligible families with an adjusted gross income up to $75k for single filers, $112k for head of household filers, and $150k for married or joint filers. In addition, proof of current unemployment certification of at least one parent or legal guardian is required.
- How will the camp staff manage different school schedules?
The kids will be grouped by a combination of grade levels and school schedules, and each learning pod will have two camp staff paired with them so that multiple kids can receive assistance simultaneously.
- Will my child receive climbing instruction?
Yes! Every day will have climbing worked into the schedule, and all of our COOL Camp Staff are also trained to run our regular Climbing Camp offered during spring, summer, and winter.
Sender One Climbing, Yoga, Fitness
11220 Hindry Ave,
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Mon – Fri : 6 am - 11 pm
Sat : 8 am - 10 pm
Sun : 8 am - 8 pm
Mon - Fri : 9:30 am - 8:30 pm
Sat - Sun : 9:30 am - 6:30 pm
Sender One & Sender City LAX