What to Wear When Indoor Rock Climbingthe content
If you’re interested in trying out indoor rock climbing but aren’t sure what to wear, never fear! Indoor rock climbing is a fun and athletic experience that, fortunately, doesn't require a great deal of technical clothing. Sender One Climbing has pulled together some practical suggestions for indoor climbing gym attire below, and chances are you already have what you need in your closet!
There are a few key things you’ll want to keep in mind when dressing for indoor rock climbing including:
- One of the best advantages of climbing indoors is that you never need to worry about dressing appropriately for inclement weather, so ditch the jacket or sun hat and instead wear nonrestrictive clothing you’re comfortable in.
- We typically recommend shorts, loose pants, or leggings when climbing so that you’re able to move freely when on the wall.
- For women, a loose t-shirt with a sports bra underneath is an easy option (and likely something you already own!)
- Light, breathable, flexible fabrics are recommended.
- Please keep in mind that the walls will have chalk on them from previous climbers and it’s likely some of of this chalk will transfer to your clothing.
Shoes and Accessories
One of the most important tools rock climbers rely on are climbing shoes. If you don’t own your own pair of climbing shoes, both the LAX and Santa Ana Sender One Climbing locations offer hygienic shoe rentals in a variety of sizes for climbers to rent. Chalk bags are also available to rent at the front desk. Please remove all jewelry (especially rings) when climbing as these items can cause serious injury.
Visit Us Today!
Now that you have the indoor rock climbing attire basics down, we encourage you to visit Sender One Climbing in Santa Ana, LAX, or Playa Vista, and give indoor rock climbing a try! Check out the gallery below for fashionable climbing outfits from our members. See what they have to say about who and what they're wearing. Our helpful staff is on hand to answer any other questions you may have, or contact us here before your visit. See you on the wall!