Sender One Youth Climbing Team
Join Southern California’s premier climbing team.
Take your child’s climbing to the next level with our climbing teams. Climbing is a fantastic after school sport! Like gymnastics programs, the Sender One Climbing Team program is divided into several different teams based on age and ability.
The Intermediate Team builds on the foundation of our 8-week Climbing Academy course, teaching discipline, determination and focus. Intermediate team members must pass our Youth Belay class. Team members are encouraged, but not required, to participate in USA Climbing sanctioned competitions.
The Advanced Team incorporates lead climbing, and a more rigorous training regimen. Team members are required to participate at USA Climbing local and regional competitions.
The Elite Team is Southern California’s premier climbing team. Elite Team members represent Sender One in local, regional, and national USA Climbing competitions. These competitions include: American Bouldering Series (ABS, September–February) and Sport Climbing Series (SCS, March–July). Tryouts for Advanced and Elite Teams are held August and January.
*Team Members, their parents, and siblings, may add full Sender One memberships for only $39 per person per month!
- Ages 7 & under meet Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30pm – 6:30pm.
- Ages 8 & above meet Mondays and Wednesdays 5:00pm – 7:00pm.
- Optional 10:00am – 12:00pm Saturday add-on for additional practice.
- Prerequisite: Intermediate Team Members must complete Climbing Academy prior to joining, and must also pass Youth Belay class.
- Intermediate Team does not include Sender One Membership.
- Intermediate Team Members, their parents and siblings may add full Sender One memberships for only $39 per person per month.
- Ages 8 and above only.
- Meets Wednesdays and Fridays 4:00pm – 6:00pm and Saturdays 10:00am – 12:00pm.
- Advanced Team Members receive full Sender One membership. Parents and siblings may add Sender One memberships for only $39 per person per month.
- Tryouts required. USA Climbing (USAC) competitions on Saturdays.
- 8 and above only.
- Meets Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 4:00pm – 7:00pm.
- Elite Team Members receive full Sender One membership.
- Parents and siblings may add Sender One memberships for only $39 per person per month.
- Competition fees and USA Climbing (USAC) memberships not included.
- Travel not included to competitions.