Reach New Heights at Kids Camps
Climbing has been shown to build confidence, improve focus, and increases coordination and strength in children. Through active instruction and supervised games, young climbers can learn how to problem solve, work in groups, and gain confidence in their ability to reach new heights.
Kids Camps are offered throughout the year!
Youth Competition Camp
@ Sender One LAX
Great for any current youth climbers who are planning on participating in the 2020/2021 USAC Competition Season!
Join our stellar coaches for a 2-day youth competition camp at Sender One LAX! Participants will have the opportunity to practice competition climbing skills and gain experience on a variety of unique wall terrain.
Camp Dates & Times
Saturday & Sunday, November 7th & 8th
Saturday & Sunday, December 12th & 13th (NEW DATES)
Saturday & Sunday, January 9th & 10th
Each camp day will begin at 9am and end approximately 1pm or 2pm. The times are subject to change based on camp activities and Sender One LAX's reopening timeline.
$209 / Active Sender One Member
$259 / Frozen Sender One Member or Non-Member
Refunds will not be granted for cancellations. You may be issued Sender One credit for the amount paid. Cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance will not be refunded OR credited, and all credits or coupons will be forfeited. There are no make-ups or credits for missed camp days.
This camp will only run with a minimum of 8 camp participants. If we do not reach this minimum, the camp will be canceled and those who signed up will receive a full refund.
Day 1 - Mock Comp
9a - whenever the last climber is done*. This will vary based on enrollment.
Our setting team will create a mock comp that will allow the athletes to practice competition-style movement in an environment that mimics the onsight competition format. The athletes will be split into two competition groups - Youth D/C & YouthB/A/Junior - and each group will climb 6 routes each.
Day 2 - Competition Climbing Workshops
Our coaches will debrief the first day's competition and guide the athletes through areas of improvement. This will include discussions on competition mindset strategies, how to train & prepare in the weeks & days before a competition, as well as opportunities to work through the competition climbs as a group and provide collaborative feedback.
*Times may change when we have more information on LAX's reopening timeline
Health & Risk Management, Policies & Procedures
Precautions are in place for staff, children, and parents because the health and safety of our guests are of the highest priority. In addition to the following measures, we are following CA Public Health guidelines for daily heightened cleaning and disinfecting in our facilities.
- Drop-off, pick-up, and check-in/out will happen outside of the facility. Parents, guardians, and authorized individuals may not enter the building. Children will be met by camp staff upon drop-off.
- Early drop-off and late pick-up are not options we will provide. If a child is not picked up on time, there will be a $20 charge for every 15 minutes late.
- A health assessment will be conducted on parents and children at check-in. This will include monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms, a short verbal questionnaire, and a temperature check. Guests who show any signs of illness and/or have a temperature of 100.4F or higher will not be permitted to attend camp for 14 days.
- Hands must be washed and/or sanitized upon entry, during camp, and when leaving the facility. Camp staff will frequently remind children throughout the day.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED at all times while inside the facility with the exception being while eating and drinking.
- Physical distancing will be maintained during camp. Camp staff will frequently remind children throughout the day to keep a safe physical distance from other campers.
- Camp staff will take necessary measures in the case of illness, injury, or an emergency. Parents, guardians, or authorized individuals will be contacted for any serious issues or emergencies.
- Please notify us if a child will be expected to miss camp for non-medical and medical reasons.
- There is a 14 climber maximum per camp session with no more than 2 camp staff.
- Roll-up doors will remain open for airflow and big fans will stay on during camp.
- This camp will only run with a minimum of 8 camp participants. If we do not reach this minimum, the camp will be canceled and those who signed up will receive a full refund.