First Time Climbers (Ages 14+)
INTRO TO CLIMBING CLASS
This 1-Hour class will teach you how to tie in to the rope as a climber, top rope belay using a GriGri, use climbing commands and perform checks to minimize risk while climbing. After completing this course, you will be able to climb independently at Sender One. This class includes a day pass and rental gear. Students must be at least 14 years of age to take the class. Reservations Required.
NEW TO SENDER ONE? 5-VISIT PUNCH PASS WITH RENTALS
(1ST TIME VISITORS ONLY. LIMIT 1 PER PERSON)
- Only available for purchase on the day of your first visit or after your first Intro to Climbing class
- Expires 60 days from purchase date
- Waives $59 EFT membership initiation fee
- Non-transferrable, non-refundable
Everyone MUST have a Sender One Top Rope Belay Card visible on their harness whenever they are belaying. Top Rope Belay Check Requirements:
- Correctly tie in with a figure-8 follow-through knot backed up with a double overhand knot (sometimes referred to as a fisherman’s knot or double fisherman’s knot)
- Correctly operate a Petzl GRIGRI 2 belay device.