First Time VisitorsWe offer many options whether you've never been on a rope before or you're looking for a new place to train.
first time climbers (ages 14+)
INTRO TO CLIMBING CLASS
This 1-Hour class will teach you how to tie in to the rope as a climber, top rope belay using a GriGri, use climbing commands and perform checks to minimize risk while climbing. After completing this course, you will be able to climb independently at Sender One. This class includes a day pass and rental gear. Students must be at least 14 years of age to take the class. Reservations Required.
- Intro to Climbing Class
- Intro to Movement and Technique: This three class series teaches participants fundamental climbing techniques, problem solving skills, and mental strategies.
- One Month Membership
- Rental Gear Included
NEW TO SENDER ONE? 5-VISIT PUNCH PASS WITH RENTALS
(1ST TIME VISITORS ONLY. LIMIT 1 PER PERSON)
- This is only available to purchase on the day of your first visit or after your first Intro to Climbing class
- Expires 60 days from purchase date
- Non-transferrable and non-refundable
- Sign up for a monthly EFT membership for $0 initiation
Everyone MUST have a Sender One Top Rope Belay Card visible on their harness whenever they are belaying.
Top Rope Belay Check Requirements:
- Correctly tie in with a figure-8 follow-through knot backed up with a double overhand knot (sometimes referred to as a fisherman’s knot or double fisherman’s knot)
- Correctly operate a Petzl GRIGRI 2 belay device.
- We require you to use the PBUS (pull, brake, under, slide) style of belaying
Everyone MUST have a Sender One Lead Belay Card visible on their harness whenever they are lead climbing or lead belaying.
Lead Climbing and Belay Requirements:
- Rope at least 45 meters long
- Belay device: Gri-Gri or Tube style (ATC) only. No other devices will be allowed
- During the lead test, you’ll be required to climb a 5.10a and take a fall, and demonstrate proper lead climbing and belaying techniques
- We required the PBUS (pull, brake, under, slide) style of belaying
Need a belay partner or climbing buddy?
- Join our Monday Night Meetup every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 7pm
- Join our Facebook Community Page to coordinate sessions with other climbers
- Sign up at the gym on our Community Board Belay Buddy Finder
activities for kids
Join an hour long session in our interactive climbing area where you will climb various themed walls, jump off towers, and race your friends to the top!
Get a taste of rock climbing! One of our experienced coaches will get you on ropes and belay you in this hour long session.
Spend a day or week of fun in our climbing camps and try out climbing, slacklining, zip lining, Sender City and more!
Learn the fundamentals of rock climbing in this 4 week course!
Sender One Climbing, Orange County
1441 S. Village Way
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Mon – Fri : 6 am - 11 pm
Sat : 8 am - 10 pm
Sun : 8 am - 8 pm
Sender City (formerly known as Funtopia)
Mon - Fri : 10:30 am - 8 pm
Sat : 9 am - 8 pm
Sun : 9 am - 7 pm
Sender One & Sender City
(Events Line Hours: 10 am - 6 pm, M-F)